Advise from Chua Lee Sim


Introduction



Chua Lee Sim is the KDU top scorer for paper F6 for June 2012 examination.  I can describe her as intelligent beauty. This is because she really passionate in her study and at the same time, she also working as part time model. Please refer to her interview session with me last week.

How many siblings do you have?

I am the youngest in my family. I have 2 brothers.

Which family members inspire you to take ACCA?

Nobody. Actually my teacher, Miss Tang, was the one who encouraged me and friends to take ACCA. Miss Tang taught me costing during my LCCI study. She told us that ACCA is the best accounting qualification because it is the cheapest and shortest course. Besides, it is recognized internationally and I can work in any countries if I having ACCA membership. However, she had told me that ACCA is the tough and asked me to really study hard if I want to get ACCA. So, she asked us to get ready and well prepared by strengthen our basic accounting and costing knowledge, so that, we would survive in the ACCA papers. Inspired by her advice, me and my classmates had signed up CAT qualification as the preparation for ACCA qualification. Fortunately, Miss Tang was willing to guide us in CAT papers.

Who give the financial support to you to study ACCA?

My father and my aunt are the main sponsor for my study.

Your age this year?

I am 21 years old. I was born in 1991.

What is the name of your secondary school?

Sekolah Menengah Sungai Abong, Muar, Johor. I was in pure Art Stream and I had never study Principle of Accounting during my school day.

Which study routes to enter ACCA?

I completed my LCCI Qualification at Maju Commercial Institute, Muar, Johor.  However, in order to get familiar with ACCA, I decided to continue my study in CAT. I completed my CAT within one year. Now, I am studying ACCA –Skill Module.

Which subjects in CAT do you think that you need to pay extra attention to pass the exam?

For me, the hardest one is FAB (Accountants in Business). This is because my English competency is poor. It was very hard for me to understand the business terminologies. I knew if I was not study very hard, I would fail this paper. So, I had started my study plan as earliest as possible. To make sure I passed my FAB, I practiced all the questions and I would ensure that I brought along the dictionary wherever I studied this paper.  Besides, I also grateful because I had classmates who really hardworking and persistence to pass the exam, and we had performed study group and used online community to discuss FAB questions. In additions, lecturers also were available during off lecture hours and they were available when we needed their help.

Can you share your tips to get the high score in paper F6-Taxation last semester? We understand that you scored more than 80 marks in this paper! Congratulations!

Thank you! Indeed, I was not expected that I can get more than 80 marks in F6. However, I am really serious in my study. I would make sure I practiced all F6 past year questions given by lecturer. In class, I gave 100% concentration to the lecture. I also cut my time to go to toilet because it was also disturbing. During break time, I also took an opportunity to ask questions to my F6 lecturer, Miss Wong Paik Wan. Not only that, I also took an opportunity to ask Miss Wong during off lecture hours and I was so lucky because Miss Wong is really helpful.  I preferred to have face to face session with Miss Wong because I can directly get the answer. As my English proficiency is not good, I was not prefer to communicate by email because I afraid Miss Wong unable to understand my questions.
My advice to all F6 students this semester, please study all topics! Don’t rely on tips to pass exam. In order to get highest marks in F6, focus on calculation part only is not enough to pass this paper, that’s why you must also focus on theory part. Besides Miss Wong notes, I also bought F6 text book and cover all chapters. And please don’t forget to ask your lecturer if you have difficulty to understand the 
particular topics.

What is your hobby during your past time and how you manage your time between your hobby and your study?

 As I told you, I am very serious in my study.  So, I only focus to my ACCA study at beginning of each semester. During this period, I will not allow myself to watch movie or window shopping.  Most of my time has been spend in college library. I always remind myself that I am not fortunate like all my classmates in KDU. Those who stay in Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya are very fortunate because they are able to communicate and write in English very well. Meanwhile, I have grown up in small town in Muar and not so expose to speak English. So, I have to double my effort in studying ACCA. 
However, if I go back to my hometown, I would not miss a chance in helping my friend as part time model. Normally, I will be hired to become model for wedding catalogue. By this way, I can boost my confident level and enjoy my past time.

Why you choose KDU as your ACCA tuition provider?

Actually my boyfriend has encouraged me to study in KDU. After making comparison with other ACCA tuition providers, KDU has good lecturer teams at the affordable price. 

Which KDU lecturer inspires you the most?

All lecturers in KDU are good. However, personally, I would say, Miss Wong Paik Wan. She has passion in her teaching and she has a lot of experiences. She tries to simplify the complicated things and make us easy to understand.

May I know what your career plan after finish ACCA? Which area that you really want to start your career? I.e. audit, tax, finance or accounting?

I plan to do Bsc (Hons) in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University after complete my fundamental level. And I plan to go back to Muar and work in audit firms that located in Muar. I plan to get 1 year experience and apply for CAT membership. I don’t want to trouble my family anymore in supporting me financially to study ACCA. I plan to use my hard earn money to further my study in ACCA Professional Papers.

Comments

  1. Those who stay in Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya are very fortunate because they are able to communicate and write in English very well. Compass Claims is a huge name which is providing insurance services in all sectors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "www.nonwovenbagmalaysia.com.my/ www.magspremiums.com
    MAGS PREMIUM GIFTS SDN BHD We specialize in premium and corporate gifts printing (cenderamata korporat) , Welcome to custom made your own design on the gifts. Example: non woven bags, tshirt, lanyard, keychain, etc..."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment